Discord is a social media platform with text and voice chat, instant messaging, and more! It’s mostly used for gaming but works well for other collaborations too – like this mysterious hunt. A discord “group” is called a server, and the different “rooms” in it are called channels.
The #tuataria discord server is home to a diverse group of nerdfighters from around the world. We’re named after the Tuatara that John decided to center his hunt around (which is NOT a lizard, by the way). We work together to solve the forum password each Tuesday, but also hang out the rest of the week to chat and make a LOT of inside jokes and google docs. Because we have members of all ages and backgrounds, we have a few basic rules if you want to join in the fun:
- Inappropriate behavior in Tuataria includes, but is not limited to: sharing explicit material (videos/articles/pictures); hateful language or actions (whether those actions are intentional OR unintentional); illegal activities or discussion of illegal activities (trolling, raiding, hacking); doxxing (the sharing/exposing of another person’s information or identification when not authorized to do so)
- We ask that members refrain from explicit sexual content including nudity of any kind, and depictions or discussions of sexual acts (especially using graphic language)
- In order to support members of this community, we want to foster a sense of inclusivity and openness. If members need support with issues surrounding coming out, or experiences with understanding themselves or others complexly, we want those conversations to happen in a way that is safe.
- If something makes you uncomfortable and/or makes you feel unsafe, please contact a mod/admin.
- Do not assume that because someone does not speak up about being uncomfortable or unsafe they are giving consent.
- No racism, sexism, or homophobia of any kind.
- Keep all discussion in the appropriate channel. Brief tangents are fine, but don’t talk about peanut butter face for 20 minutes in #onthehunt
- No spoiling the password in ANY channel.
The basic main channels in Tuataria are:
- #general: General conversation among nerdfighters
- #welcome / #not_so_general: On Tuesdays, a #welcome channel is set up for new members to introduce themselves and ask non-hunt questions. The rest of the week, #not_so_general is a second “side room” for chatting if #general gets too busy.
- #onthehunt: Clue solving and password hunting. Hints welcome when requested, but NO REVEALING THE PASSWORD.
- #therabbithole: So you’ve solved all the clues? Discuss and speculate with other Nerdfighters on what’s in the forum and what’s to come. Spoilers inside!
- Channels that start with #voice are chat conversations for their associated voice/talk channels
- There are more channels for specific topics, projects, or events – don’t worry about jumping into all of them at once 🙂